- 1. Shaker style is back. The other top contenders were contemporary and
Traditional. Cottage style held 20% of the market.
- 2. Dark Natural finishes outshine colored medium natural and light natural finishes. Colored painted finishes are still popular. Distressed finishes dropped in popularity.
- 3. Wine storage is growing in popularity. 51% of surveyed designers incorporated wine storage area in their kitchens in 2010.
- 4. French door refrigerators were the most popular by NKBA designers.
- 5. Induction cooktops are rising in popularity.
- 6. Energy-efficient lighting options are top on the list. LED lighting is one of the top options.
- 7. Recycling pull- outs and trash compactors have become more common due to the increase in sustainability awareness. Garbage disposals remain popular as well.