You can get a credit on your Oregon income taxes for making your home more energy-efficient and helping preserve Oregon’s environment. Check out tax credits […]
- 1. Shaker style is back. The other top contenders were contemporary and
Traditional. Cottage style held 20% of the market.
- 2. Dark Natural finishes outshine colored medium natural and light natural finishes. Colored painted finishes are still popular. Distressed finishes dropped in popularity.
- 3. Wine storage is growing in popularity. 51% of surveyed designers incorporated wine storage area in their kitchens in 2010.
- 4. French door refrigerators were the most popular by NKBA designers.
- 5. Induction cooktops are rising in popularity.
- 6. Energy-efficient lighting options are top on the list. LED lighting is one of the top options.
- 7. Recycling pull- outs and trash compactors have become more common due to the increase in sustainability awareness. Garbage disposals remain popular as well.
- 1. Quartz Countertops gained popularity for bathroom vanity tops. Granite remains a top choice.
- 2. Green bathrooms – not eco-friendly green- but green color palettes rose in popularity. White and off white palettes still remain top picks. Other common colors are blues, greys, bronzes and terracottas.
- 3. Under-mount sinks dominate newly remodeled bathrooms. Vessel sinks are in 2nd place
- 4. Satin Nickel Faucets rose in popularity both in kitchen and bathroom faucets. Other popular choices are bronze, oil-rubbed bronze, polished chrome, and polished nickel.
Instead of adding square footage to your master bedroom closet a more economical solution to install a closet organization system which can often double the effective storage of a closet. Adding square footage nowadays can be very costly.
Come see our latest showcase home in the 11th annual Tour of Remodeled Homes March 12th and 13th.